A.H. Angerstein, Inc. is a family-owned and operated company that opened its doors for business when Albert H. Angerstein, Sr. purchased a small company that sold coal and feed in 1924.
Shortly thereafter, his son, Albert H. Angerstein, Jr. joined the company and helped run the business. The company proved to be successful, so the owners forged ahead, adding some hardware and building materials as well as heating oil to their product offerings.
In 1963, Bruce W. Greene, Mr. Angerstein’s son-in-law, joined the family business. Under Mr. Greene’s direction, the company defined its niche by servicing contractors and homebuilders. As the company grew, it branched into the fast-growing markets of windows, doors, mirrors, kitchens, baths and lighting, servicing DIY-ers and homeowners as well as contractors.
In 1995, Angerstein’s expanded their product offerings in their hardware store, enabling the company to accommodate many more “Do-It-Yourself” customers.
After making deliveries for years to the Delaware beach resorts and surrounding areas, Angerstein’s opened a store in Sussex County, Delaware in 2006. Primarily a hardscaping and building supply store, Angerstein’s South – as we fondly refer to it – is an excellent addition to the family. And speaking of family, today, every single member of the Greene family is active in the operations of the company, and Angerstein’s has become the premier Building Supply & Design Center in the state of Delaware and surrounding areas.